Testing of Mobile Adhoc Networks in Lab Conditions
Mobile Adhoc NETworks (MANET) operate in peer-to-peer bases without fixed infrastructure. In such an environment each node may act as a router, source and destination, allowing them to reach the final destination through multiple hops. SDR (Software Defined Radio) algorithms and wave forms define the performance of the system, how the radios will connect to network and how the data is routed between users. The challenge in testing of MANET networks is to create controllable conditions for multiple radios with wanted mobility.
EB Propsim F8 is a unique product in the market that integrates functions of advanced terrestrial channel emulator and advanced satellite channel emulator into one compact and afforbadle unit.
Propsim F8 radio channel emulator creates real-time dynamic fading conditions between radio devices in lab conditions. In action the process is simple: The user creates a scenario, loads it into Propsim F8 and runs the scenario with real radios connected.
Propsim F8 supports creating of MIMO and MESH network topologies. Properties such as, radio channel model, delay spread, Doppler and dynamic behaviour can be indepently controlled for each link.EB WES guarantees fast execution of reliable and repeatable virtual test runs in close-to-reality conditions. Aerospace application enables to test network access to aircrafts, UAV's or satellites. Open file interface allows to import user specific scenarios generated e.g. by using Matlab® or STK® software. AGI's STK linked to EB Propsim F8 provides easy way to do scenario planning for MANET or link level testing with the access to orbit and satellite data and 3D terrain databases.
The benefit of turning software simulations into test cases with real radios is the visibility to implementation quality and drastically improved R&D feedback. This enables verification of how the real radios and network will perform in algorithm and hardware implementation.
- Emulation for up to 8 radio networks in one Propsim F8 unit (in 8x8 MESH topology) (1
- Independent of user signal and waveform
- Dynamic link condition and radio channel emulation
- RF bandwidth up to 125 MHz and seamless frequency range from 220MHz up
to 6GHz (2
- GUI based application (EB WES) for drive test replay and user defined scenario runs
- GUI based application (EB ASO) for Aerospace and satellite scenario definiton
- Scenario import from AGI STK® software (3
- Open interface for link and channel data import from 3rd party software or hardware tools.
- Supports pre-defined and Runtime control of link level channel parameters
1) Firmware release available 4/2012, current release supports up to 4 radios
2) Please consult EB for wider bandwidth or other frequency range
3) STK is a trademark of Analytical Graphics, Inc. (AGI)