Android Based Ruggedized Tablet with EB Specialized Device Platform Technology
The Android-based Tablet T1 expands EB's award winning EB Specialized Device Platform product portfolio providing specialized vertical markets such as public safety, defense and industrial, tailor-made tablets with minimal development risk, lower development costs and faster time-to-market.
The EB Specialized Device Platform product family consists of:
- Enables development of customized tablet products that meet specific industry functional or performance requirements—faster and with lower development risks and costs.
- Enduring: Three high-capacity batteries with 14000 mAh total capacity
- Scalable: Several memory and processor configuration options. Android or optional Linux operating system.
- Robust: Complies with IP 67 & MIL-STD 810G standards.
Leveraging mass market mobile device hardware/software technologies and economies of scale, the platform enables customers to roll-out rugged customized tablets that meet specific industry functional or performance requirements-faster and with lower development risks and costs.
The tablet form factor of the EB Specialized Device Platform is a reference design that allows our customers to:
- Accelerate ROI by being able to bring to market devices fast and with a feature set exactly meeting customer needs.
- Leverage the cost advantages due to the economy of scale in the cellular market.
- Allow easy implementation of customer and application specific requirements.
- Lower the development cost.
- Shorten the development schedule.
- Reduce development risk.
The platform consists of form factor hardware that can be tailored to customer requirements. Current form factor has TI OMAP 4 application processor, a high resolution touch-screen, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, 3G and 2G modems. Further options are highlighted below. The platform has pre-integrated and certified components that are commonly found in today's consumer devices.
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- OMAP4460 running at 1.2 GHz
- 1 GB Mobile LPDDR2
- 2 x 64 GB eMMC memory (Red and Black)
- 7´ WXGA 1280x800 LCD
- Sunlight readable
- Multi-touch Capacitive Touchscreen
- Gorilla Glass hardened cover glass
- HDMI output via accessory connector
- 5 MP with AF rear facing camera
- VGA front facing camera
- 3GPP GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSPA+
- 802.11n Wi-Fi with AP Mode support
- Bluetooth 3.0
- USB 2.0 via accessory connector
- 3D Accelerometer
- 3D Magnetometer
- 3D Gyroscope
- Ambient Light Sensor
- OTG USB 2.0 and HDMI
- 5V/100mA supply
- Hot removable
- Hot swappable Lithium Ion Batteries
- 14,000 mAh total capacity
- 1 x internal, 2 x removable batteries
- Ingress Protected IP67
- MIL-STD-810G for Shock and Vibration
Biometric Identification (optional):
- Fingerprint scanner
- Iris scanner