Smart Watch Development - Using EB Developed Pre-Integrated Android Technology Platform
Elektrobit enables OEM's to enter the smartphone market fast, with products custom developed for their brand and positioning - using EB developed pre-integrated Android smart watch technology. EB can roll-out custom made products that meet industry-specific functional and performance requirements faster and with lower development risks and costs.
This unique custom made smart watch development is done using the EB's award winning Android based EB Specialized Device Platform now squeezed into a miniaturized formfactor, combined with our R&D Services.
This miniaturized hardware platform demonstrates EB's competence to develop small formfactor technology for OEM's looking at grasping the smart watch market. The hardware's small formfactor brings together the latest trends in the wireless industry, leveraging latest mass-market mobile device hardware and software technologies taking into account specific watch characteristics like power consumption and product materials.
Smart Watch Concept example
Main Benefits of Elektrobit's development approach:
- Versatile: Enables development of customized smart watches — faster and with lower development risks and costs.
- Configurable: The platform is customizable with various sensors, peripherals, applications and services to create truly innovative customer products.
- Agile: Fast time to market and reduced development risk by utilizing pre-integrated and validated technologies with reduced product development cost and economies of scale.
The platform consists of form factor hardware that can be tailored to customer requirements topped with custom made applications. Current platform has TI OMAP 4 application processor, a touch-screen, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS. Further options are highlighted below.
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
- TI OMAP4 application processor.
- Ultra small board size.
- WLAN, BT 4.0/BT LE, GPS, FM and ANT+ wireless connectivity.
- Optimized power performance for small battery sizes.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, ALS.
- OPTIONAL: 2G/3G/LTE connectivity.