Smart Watch Development
- Using the EB IoT Device Platform
EB Smart Watch development services enable OEM's to enter the smart watch market faster, with products custom developed for their brand and positioning. EB offers Smart Watch development based on the versatile and easily customizable EB IoT Device Platform or selected platform. EB can develop custom smart watches that meet industry-specific functional and performance requirements.
Smart Watch concept example
Main Benefits of Elektrobit's development approach:
- Versatile: Enables development of customized smart watches — faster and with lower development risks and costs.
- Configurable: The platform is customizable with various sensors, peripherals, applications and services to create truly innovative customer products.
- Agile: Fast time to market and reduced development risk by utilizing pre-integrated and validated technologies with reduced product development cost and economies of scale.
The EB IoT Device Platform's compact size, several connectivity options and various sensors, together with the latest trends in the wireless industry offer a great starting point for Smart Watch development. Platform's operating system alternatives are Android and Linux, and it is powered with Qualcomm® Snapdragon 400 processor. The platform also supports WiFi, Bluetooth, and GNSS positioning, as well as GPRS, HSPA, LTE mobile connectivity. The EB IoT Device Platform also takes into account important and specific watch characteristics like low power consumption and product materials.
EB's Smart Watch development services also include features such as camera, accelerometer, thermometer, altimeter, barometer, compass, cell phone, touch screen, Map display and graphical display in device development. The devices may also communicate with a wireless headset, heads-up display, microphone, modem, or other devices.
Qualcomm® SnapdragonTM 400
- Quad-core processor up to 1.4GHz
Operating System (OS)
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- Android Wear compatible
- 512MB - 2GB LPDDR2/3
- 4GB - 32GB eMMC v4.5
- WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n dual band
- Bluetooth 4.0 EDR/BLE
- GNSS (GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou)
- 9-axis sensor module, expandable
- Ambient Light Sensor
- Optical Heart Rate
- MIPI display interface
- Touch sensor interface
- Vibra interface
- Battery interface with USB charging and fuel gauge
EB has been doing smart watch development since 2010, take a look at the EB and Wearables Smart Watch video below.