Android Based EB Specialized Device Platform - Custom Made LTE Smartphones and Tablets
The EB Specialized Device Platform, based on the Android operating system, is targeted to Public Safety, Security, and other professional markets, enabling them to lower the development cost and shorten their smartphone or tablet (or product) development schedule. The EB platform gives fast access to latest commercial device technology, such as LTE and new Android releases, reducing the overall development program risk.
- Enables customers in professional markets such as public safety and security to roll-out customized mobile devices that meet specific industry functional or performance requirements - faster and with lower development risks and costs.
The highest value of the platform comes from its scalability and versatile feature set, performance, industrialization options, and extended product life cycle. The platform gives our customers the ability to bring smartphones and tablets or other form factor devices - to market faster with lover development costs.
The EB Specialized Device Platform allows our customers to:
- Accelerate ROI by being able to bring to market devices fast and with a feature set exactly meeting customer needs.
- Leverage the cost advantages due to the economy of scale in the cellular market.
- Allow easy implementation of customer and application specific requirements.
- Lower the development cost.
- Shorten the development schedule.
- Reduce development risk.
The platform consists of form factor hardware that is tailored to customer requirements. Current form factor has TI OMAP 4 application processor, a high resolution touch-screen, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, LTE (including Band 14), 3G and 2G modems. Further options are highlighted below. The platform has pre-integrated and certified components that are commonly found in today's consumer Smartphone devices.
Texas Instruments OMAP 4 Series Applications Processor Option
- Dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 1.2 GHz
- ARM TrustZone compatible security engine
- NEON SIMD coprocessor
- POWERVR SGX540 graphics accelerator
- TMS320C64x+ DSP up to 200 MHz
Operationg System and Software Options
- Android 4.2 Jelly-Bean
- Optional Linux distributions
- 1GB or 2GB LPDDR2 RAM (PoP)
- eMMC Mass Storage (up to 64 GB)
- SD/SDHC/SDXC expansion slot
- 4.0" WVGA (800x480) LCD with capacitive touch
- 4.3" qHD (960x540) LCD with capacitive touch
- 7.0" WXGA (1280x800) LCD with capacitive touch
- Dual high resolution display option
- Custom touch panel options (glove-usage)
Wireless & Connectivity Options
- 3GPP rel8 + selected rel9 features
- FDD Cat3, 100 Mbs/ 50 Mbs
- DL 4x2 MIMO support
- US: B2 (1900), B4 (1700/2100), B5 (850), B13 (700), B14 (700), B17 (700)
- EU: B1 (2100), B3 (1800), B7 (2600), B20 (800)
- 3GPP R99 384/384kbps
- 3GPP rel8, HSPA+, 42 Mbps / 11.5 Mbps
- RX diversity, type 3i receiver
- B1 (2100), B2(1900), B4 (1700/2100), B5 (850)
- 3GPP rel7, DTM GPRS/EGPRS multi-slot classes 5/9/11/32/33, EDTM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi (802.11a optional)
- Bluetooth v3.0
Satellite Connectivity (optional)
- S-Band (2.0/2.2 GHz) with GMR1-3G air interface
- Use of SAT Module for alterative frequencies or air interfaces (L-band)
Other Connectivity Technologies (optional)
- Use of COTS or special radio modules for alternative air interfaces (such as CDMA2K/EVDO, P25 etc)
- 8MP with Autofocus and LED Flash
- 1MP for front facing applications
- Receiver Speaker and Microphone
- Headset Jack and High Power Loudspeaker
Location & Sensor Options
- GPS (unassisted or cellular assisted aGPS)
- 3D Gyroscope
- 3D Accelerometer
- 3D Magnetometer
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor