Android Based EB Specialized Device Platform - Custom made LTE Smartphones and Tablets
Now featuring LTE-A and Quad-core processing
The EB Specialized Device Platform, based on the Android operating system, is targeted to Public Safety, Security, and other professional markets, enabling them to lower the development cost and shorten their smartphone or tablet (or product) development schedule. The EB platform gives fast access to latest commercial device technology, such as LTE and new Android releases, reducing the overall development program risk.
- Enables customers in professional markets such as public safety and security to roll-out customized mobile devices that meet specific industry functional or performance requirements - faster and with lower development risks and costs.
The highest value of the platform comes from its scalability and versatile feature set, performance, industrialization options, and extended product life cycle. The platform gives our customers the ability to bring smartphones and tablets or other form factor devices - to market faster with lower development costs.
The EB Specialized Device Platform allows our customers to:
- Accelerate ROI by being able to bring to market devices fast and with a feature set exactly meeting customer needs.
- Leverage the cost advantages due to the economy of scale in the cellular market.
- Allow easy implementation of customer and application specific requirements.
- Lower the development cost.
- Shorten the development schedule.
- Reduce development risk.
The platform consists of form factor hardware that is tailored to customer requirements. Current form factor has Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, a high resolution touch-screen, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, LTE (including Band 14), 3G and 2G modems. Further options are highlighted below. The platform has pre-integrated and certified components that are commonly found in today's consumer Smartphone devices.
EB Specialized Device Platform
Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Series
- Quad-core Krait CPU up to 2.5GHz
- Adreno 330 3D graphics accelerator
- Hexagon QDSP600MHz
- Android 4.4 (Kit-Kat)
- 2GB LPDDR3 PoP RAM (up to 3GB)
- 16GB eMMC Mass Storage (up to 128GB)
- micro SD expansion slot
- Enhanced device integrity with Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
- Secure data storage
- Tampering detection
- Optional 3rd party solutions for secure communications
- 5" Full HD (1080*1920) LCD
- 10.1" Full HD (1920*1080) LCD
- Both display options equipped with glove-usage capacitive touch, functional also in wet conditions
- USB3.0 with fast USB charging
- Wireless display (Miracast compliant)
- 3GPP rel10 (LTE Advanced)
- FDD Cat4, DL 150 Mbit/s, UL 50 Mbit/s
- IMS VoLTE
- Band configuration:
- US: B2 (1900), B4 (1700), B5 (850), B12/B17 (700), B13 (700), B14 (700)
- EU: B3 (1800), B7 (2600), B20 (800)
- Carrier Aggregation: supported
- 3GPP R99 384/384kbps
- 3GPP rel8, HSPA+, 42 Mbps/11.5 Mbps
- Band configuration:
- US: B2 (1900), B4 (1700), B5 (850)
- EU/APAC: B1 (2100), B8 (900)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 3D Gyroscope
- 3D Accelerometer
- 3D Magnetometer
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
Imaging and Video
- 8 MP with Autofocus and LED Flash
- 2 MP front camera
- Full HD video capture and playback
- High-performance speaker
- Multi-microphone active noise cancelling
- Earpiece and microphone
- 3.5mm headset connector
- Indoor positioning (option)
- PTT enabled with dedicated HW key