EB Tough VoIP
A range of tactical IP-based communication products consisting of Voice over IP clients and network extension units.
EB Tough VoIP can be used as a stand-alone system or the solution units EB Tough VoIP Terminal and the EB Tough VoIP Network Extender can be integrated to a customers' existing communications infrastructure. The products can be leveraged in many ways, including:
- Rugged and secure Voice over IP (VoIP) clients for military communications
- Radio over IP (RoIP) clients
- Tactical data radio environment
- Demanding environments where limitations in communications can greatly affect operational capabilities
EB is targeting system integrators, original equipment manufacturers and technology vendors in the defense and public safety markets to help them expand their product portfolios. The products are offered both under the EB brand as well as white label for customer branding. In addition, EB offers flexibility in customizing the functionality to better meet different customer-specific requirements.
EB Tough VoIP
EB Network Extender is an integrated unit that provides the functionalities of a VoIP terminal, Ethernet switch and multi-channel SHDSL (Single-Pair High-speed Digital Subscriber Line) modem and it can be used to provide broadband wired connectivity and VoIP services to the field, in LAN or WAN configuration. Wider area network services can be constructed by chaining of the Network Extenders through long-distance wiring. Broadband data connections can be built for distances of more than 10 kilometers between any two Network Extender units. The Network Extender's VoIP services can be used through a speaker accessory, or with the same headsets and handsets, as with the Terminal unit. Push-To-Talk functionality is also supported.
The EB Tough VoIP PoE Injector is a network-agnostic solution that provides Power over Ethernet-supported data interfaces to tactical military communications equipment.
EB's compact Tough VoIP PoE Injector is a flexible option for providing both secure data connections and the required power supply needed to perform tactical military communication. It is a unique solution for the military environment that can easily make communications equipment PoE-ready. By deploying the Tough VoIP PoE Injector, military personnel gain the flexibility to combine data and power supply over a single Ethernet cable—all without the costly need to rip-and-replace their current communications infrastructure.
EB Tough VoIP PoE Injector is completely rugged for demanding environmental conditions. The device can combine vehicular power supplies in the voltage range of 10-30V DC with regular Ethernet data, while providing a PoE-supported Ethernet connection for user devices—whether they are EB Tough VoIP products or third party equipment. Connector types and cable lengths are fully configurable for tailoring the installation for any customer platform.
EB Tough VoIP PoE Injector is available both in 802.3at Type 1 (802.3af) 12.95 Watts version and 802.3at Type 2 25.5 Watts version.
The EB Tough VoIP Terminal products are VoIP clients for tactical ad-hoc data radio networks, satcoms and other military communications systems. The Tough VoIP voice clients integrate to existing tactical communications networks whether they are based on radio communications or wired communications.
The Tough VoIP products are SIP compliant clients that provide interoperability with other SIP clients and server implementations available in the market. However, the products have been designed for tactical environments where network services are not present. The EB Tough VoIP products incorporate functionality that enables introduction of voice over IP services in dynamic self-forming networks. EB Tough VoIP products provide ease of use and reliability of voice services in all circumstances with minimal bandwidth utilization. Use cases include:
- Tactical communications
- Voice services for IP capable data radios
- Field communications
- Vehicular installations
- Airborne applications
- Deployed installations
- Command posts
- Intercom applications
- Vehicles, aircrafts, ships
EB Tough VoIP Terminal, Desktop and Field Phone
EB Tough VoIP Terminal
For use cases where the user needs to carry the device still having the freedom of hands in operating position (terminal picture on the right).
EB Tough VoIP Desktop Phone
For use cases where the device is stationary on e.g. table or wall mounted (phone picture on the right).
EB Tough VoIP Field Phone
For use cases where the device is used in field operations and can act as full IP replacement for conventional fieldphone (phone picture on the right).
For other use cases, please contact EB to evaluate feasibility. To contact us, use button on the left.
- No servers required no single point of failure SIP server interoperability (e.g., Asterisk)
- Provides standard SIP based VoIP peer2peer calls with prioritized group call modes
- Automatic and real-time regrouping of clients and their phonebooks for each group of nodes
- Calls channeled through the tactical data radio network as multicast-traffic with compressing vocoders utilized minimizing the need of data bandwidth for voice
- Automatic and real-time update of phonebooks on clients showing user roles rather than phone numbers
- Calls can be diverted outside the tactical environment if SIP service is available and configured to allow that
- Dynamic phonebook contains all current roles in the network in real time
- Settings and role definitions are not erased in power down, enabling plug-and-play operation and fast deployment
- Role definition for each user, no need to remember numbers
- Fully rugged and environmentally shielded
- EMI MIL-STD-461E (RE102, RE103) Navy Mobile & Army, Navy Fixed & Air Force
- MIL grade connectors, cables, head-sets and hand-sets available
- Push to talk (PTT) functionality with quick dials
- Used either with head-set or H-350/U hand-set
- Can be operated with protective gloves
- Ethernet PoE interface