EB Tough VoIP product family for Tactical Communications
A range of tactical IP-based communication products consisting of Voice over IP clients and network extension units.
- Provides broadband wireless and wired connectivity in demanding environments where limitations in communications can greatly affect operational capabilities.
- Provides enhanced reliability for VoIP services regardless of availability of network services such as SIP or DHCP.
- Features full interoperability with commercial equipment and infrastructure.
EB Tough VoIP
The EB Tough VoIP phones are tactical Voice over IP (VoIP) clients for advanced military communications. They can easily be integrated into customers existing or future tactical communication IP infrastructures. These phones are SIP compliant clients that provide interoperability with other SIP clients and server implementations available in the market. However, the products have been designed for tactical environments where network services may not be present. The EB Tough VoIP phones incorporate functionality that enables introduction of VoIP services in dynamic self-forming networks. EB Tough VoIP phones provide ease of use and reliability of voice services in all circumstances with minimal bandwidth utilization.
Use cases include:
- Voice services for IP capable data radios and links
- Rapid deployment field communications
- Infantry communications
- Vehicular and weapon platforms
- Airborne applications
- Naval applications
- Command posts
- Service depots
- Field hospitals
EB Tough VoIP Terminal
For use cases where the user needs to carry the device still having the freedom of hands in operating position (terminal picture on the right).
EB Tough VoIP Desktop Phone
For use cases where the device is stationary on e.g. table or wall mounted (phone picture on the right).
EB Tough VoIP Field Phone
For use cases where the device is used in field operations and can act as full IP replacement for conventional fieldphone
(phone picture on the right).
- No servers required no single point of failure SIP server interoperability (e.g., Asterisk).
- Provides standard SIP based VoIP peer2peer calls with prioritized group call modes.
- Automatic and real-time regrouping of clients and their phonebooks for each group of nodes.
- Calls channeled through the tactical data radio network as multicast-traffic with compressing vocoders utilized minimizing the need of data bandwidth for voice.
- Automatic and real-time update of phonebooks on clients showing user roles rather than phone numbers.
- Calls can be diverted outside the tactical environment if SIP service is available and configured to allow that.
- Dynamic phonebook contains all current roles in the network in real time.
- Settings and role definitions are not erased in power down, enabling plug-and-play operation and fast deployment.
- Role definition for each user, no need to remember numbers.
- Fully rugged and environmentally shielded.
- EMI MIL-STD 461F (RE 102, RS 103) Ground, Army and MIL-STD 1275D compliance.
- MIL grade connectors, cables, head-sets and hand-sets available.
- Push to talk (PTT) functionality with quick dials.
- Used either with head-set or H-350/U hand-set.
- Can be operated with protective gloves.
- Ethernet PoE interface.
The EB PoE+ Injector is a rugged network-agnostic solution that provides high speed data and electrical high power connections for devices used in tactical military communication environments.
EB PoE+ Injector gives military personnel the flexibility to combine data and power supply over a single Ethernet cable without a costly need to replace their existing communications infrastructure. The EB PoE+ Injector is fully MIL compliant and is well suited for high vibration environments like vehicle installations. This unique solution
can easily make communication devices PoE-ready.
- Rugged network-agnostic solution
- High power supply for PoE+ devices
- High vibration environments, including tracked vehicles
Through the EB Tough VoIP Network Extender´sSHDSL connectivity, an IP network can be extended over long distances using conventional field wire. The Network Extender unit supports Ethernet transport over single, dual or four SHDSL channels. SHDSL interfaces also support enhanced bit rates of G.SHDSL.bis, giving data rates up to 5.69 Mbps for one pair connection and 11.38 Mbps for two pair connection. With the optional battery-tray accessory, the unit can be operated without AC or DC power source for up to 20 hours. The Network Extender also charges the attached battery tray accessory automatically both in ON and OFF states if AC power is available. The EB Tough VoIP Network Extender is a self-healing and self-configuring unit, which automatically and transparently adapts to available network services. This solution is not dependent on the availability of network services, such as DHCP, enabling access to voice and data services regardless of the network service status.