Virtual Drive Testing in Lab with
EB Wireless Environment Solution (WES)
EB Wireless Environment solution, a virtual drive testing solution, enables testing and optimizing networks and terminals in a laboratory minimizing the need for field testing. Minimized field testing yields reduced development cost and faster time-to-market for new products.
Network Level Real-World Radio Environment in Your Laboratory with Virtual Drive Testing
With EB WES, reliable and repeatable virtual test runs in close-to-reality and controlled conditions can be executed fast. EB WES complements your existing radio network test tools and boost their utilization.
Testing of Wireless Systems is Challenging
The development of wireless systems and communications imposes heavy requirements on testing. The complexity of the systems to be tested is increasing, at the same time as the product development cycles are shortened. Field testing of the complex wireless systems is a must but the field testing is labor intensive, time consuming and expensive. In addition, field test results are typically non-repeatable as interference and uncertainties often affect them. EB WES enables increased product maturity before field tests and thus optimizes the effort needed at the final field testing phase.
EB Virtual Drive Testing Solution
EB Wireless Environment Solution
EB Propsim radio channel emulator with EB WES software emulates the real network level wireless environment in laboratory conditions. The data captured with a drive test tool from a real environment is used for emulating it in a laboratory. Verification, validation or evaluation of wireless networks, devices, chipsets and applications is much more efficient compared to traditional methods. The radio environment is close to reality since all the phenomena that are simultaneously present in real wireless networks are simulated with the EB WES application: fast fading, signal level variations, the Doppler effect and interferences.
EB WES functionality can be explained by a simple 3 Step approach:
EB Wireless Environment Solution offers remarkable advantages especially to:
- Network manufacturers
- Network operators
- Terminal and chipset manufacturers
Virtual drive testing with EB WES advantages compared to traditional wireless systems fied testing methods are:
- Speed up release testing
- Perform realistic mobility test cases in minutes or hours in lab instead of days or weeks in field conditions.
- Reduced deployment and operation cost
- Minimize the need for expensive drive testing in the field.
- Improve quality and save in R&D costs
- The earlier the errors are found in an R&D product line, the less resources and time are used for correcting them.
- Minimize roll-out schedules
- EB WES offers a solution for debugging problems found in wireless networks. Time spent on problem solving is minimized and products can be launched to the markets earlier.
- Reliable, repeatable, and traceable test environment and results.
- Boosted utilization of existing test equipment and resources such as system laboratory, network scanners and drive test tools.