EB (www.elektrobit.com) has a position open for a Software Quality Engineer to be a part of its automotive software business in the USA. This is a full-time position available at our office in Farmington Hills, MI. We offer excellent benefits, matching 401k, three weeks of vacation, gym reimbursement and much more!
EB Automotive is a fast growing global company with approximately 1,300 employees that provides leading edge technology solutions to the automotive industry. EB Automotive is a leading global provider of software solutions to many car makers, including Audi, BMW, Ford, Mercedes, Porsche and Volkswagen, only to name a few. EB is at the forefront of the latest development in automotive software, including user interfaces, driver assistance, navigation software, and advanced smartphone connectivity features. The software we are working on is highly relevant as it becomes part of the driver experience. Our work enables new and exciting features, such as AppLink for Ford’s SYNC technology.
The Software Quality Engineer will work as part of a global team to ensure that software development and testing activities are performed in accordance with customer, industry, and EB quality standards. The ideal candidate will develop quality plans for development and testing phases, gather data for reporting quality metrics, and work with the Quality Assurance Manager to ensure that customer deliverables are of the highest possible quality. This is a full time position combining the dynamics of a small company environment with leading-edge software development activities.
• Working with the Project and Quality Management departments, review active projects on a regular basis to verify adherence to established quality standards.
• Work with project management, test management, and engineering teams to create all the documentation needed to be complaint with EB quality processes.
• Ensure that software phase gates and processes are executed in accordance with EB software quality standards (static analysis, code review, etc), including configuration management.
• Track and manage all resulting action items from ISO, SPICE and internal Project Process Audit (PPA).
• Work with project management, test management, and engineering teams to resolve issues.
• Guide and consult projects in technical aspects of quality processes.
• Review and approve software development life cycle (SDLC) artifacts as required.
• Analyze quality metrics and provide feedback to project and QA management.
• Receive and provide training on EB quality processes.
• Attend internal and client meetings as necessary.
• Travel as necessary to support quality assurance activates.
• BA/BS in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
• 3-5 years of software quality engineering experience, preferably in an automotive and/or infotainment field
• Previous experience working with CMM, SPICE, ISO standards.
• Understanding of software engineering and process management tools such as Agile and SPICE.
• Familiarity with software development life cycle artifacts.
• Ability to show proficiency with the Microsoft Office tools.
• Familiarity with software programming languages: C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, Windows and Unix shell scripts.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Communicative personality and proactive team player.
• Willingness to learn & improve.
• Accountable & customer focused.
• Detail-oriented and ability to follow through on tasks.
• Ability to work well in a global environment.
Additional skills (nice to have):
• Software development experience.
• Career opportunities corresponding to your professional success
• The possibility to develop advanced technology and to transform it into enriching end user experiences
• An international and multicultural working environment in a prestigious company
• A motivating and engaging work environment
• Being part of a young, dynamic and motivated team
• Flexible work time
• Premium insurance to medical services
• EB Way of working and Way of life