EB (www.elektrobit.com) has an opening for a Software Engineer to be a part of its automotive software business in the USA. This is a full-time position available at our office in either Farmington Hills, MI or Bothell, WA. We offer excellent benefits, matching 401k, 3 weeks vacation, gym reimbursement and much more!
EB is a fast growing global company with approximately 1,300 employees that provides leading edge technology solutions to the Automotive and Wireless industries. In the automotive space, EB is a leading global provider of software solutions to many car makers, including Audi, BMW, Ford, Mercedes, Porsche and Volkswagen, only to name a few. EB is at the forefront of the latest development in automotive software, including user interfaces, voice recognition, driver assistance, navigation software, and advanced smartphone connectivity features. The software we are working on is highly relevant as it becomes part of the driver experience and it enables new exciting features, such as AppLink for Ford’s SYNC technology.
The Software Engineer (ECU) will work as part of a global team to design and develop embedded software for electronic control units and support customers on- and off-site. Occasional travelling might be required for customer visits and internal training purposes. For this position, a combination of creativity, problem solving, software development, and customer interaction skills are required. Programming language will be C.
• Coaching of EB customers in the areas of software design and development.
• Gathering and analyzing requirements.
• Embedded software engineering.
• Porting of EB AUTOSAR stack to new target platforms.
• Creating demo applications for new target platforms.
• Consulting in AUTOSAR (AUTomotive Open System ARchitecture) matters, e.g.
• Creating system designs.
• BSW (Basic Software) parameterization.
• Conducting AUTOSAR trainings and workshops.
• Sales Support
• Provide technical expertise for sales staff, product demos.
• Assist sales staff in winning new customer projects.
• Identification of customer needs which can be resolved with EB products.
• Collect feature requests from customers.
• Customer Support
• First level of support, face to the US customers.
• Analyze customer bug reports and delegate within EB.
• Assist customer in resolving configuration errors.
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent degree.
• Good C programming and source/Assembly level debugging skills including problem solving skills.
• Strong knowledge in embedded software development environment and tools including IDE, editors, compilers, linkers, emulator, debugger. analysis and monitoring tools.
• Familiar with 32-bit microcontrollers (e.g. Freescale, Renesas).
• Excellent listening and communications skills – written and verbal.
• Ability to work independently and in small teams.
Additional skills (nice to have):
• Experience with AUTOSAR.
• Hands-on experience with OEM/Tier1 infrastructure software (basic software).
• Experience with Flexray and/or CAN, Instrumentation, Diagnostics, bootloaders.
• Career opportunities corresponding to your professional success
• The possibility to develop advanced technology and to transform it into enriching end user experiences
• An international and multicultural working environment in a prestigious company
• A motivating and engaging work environment
• Being part of a young, dynamic and motivated team
• Flexible work time
• Premium insurance to medical services
• EB Way of working and Way of life