EB (www.elektrobit.com) has a position open for Software Test Engineer to be a part of its automotive software business in the USA. This is a full-time contract-to-perm position available at our office in Bothell, WA. We offer excellent benefits, matching 401k, three weeks of vacation, gym reimbursement and much more!
EB is a fast growing global company with over 1,300 employees that provides leading edge technology solutions to the Automotive and Wireless industries. In the automotive space, EB is a leading global provider of software solutions to many car makers, including Audi, BMW, Ford, Mercedes, Porsche and Volkswagen, only to name a few. EB is at the forefront of the latest development in automotive software, including user interfaces, voice recognition, driver assistance, navigation software, and advanced smartphone connectivity features. The software we are working on is highly relevant as it becomes part of the driver experience and it enables new exciting features, such as AppLink for Ford’s SYNC technology.
The Automotive Software Test Engineer will work as part of a global team to ensure that software development and testing activities are performed in accordance with customer, industry, and EB quality standards. The ideal candidate will accept a shared ownership of the development of customer deliverables to ensure that they are of the highest possible quality. This mid-level position combines the dynamics of a small company environment with leading-edge software development activities.
• Conduct directed and undirected manual testing of applicable systems in both lab and vehicle environments.
• Capture, log, and track identified issues through their eventual resolution.
• Work with project management, test management, and engineering teams to create all the documentation needed to be compliant with standard quality processes.
• Execute tests in accordance with established software quality standards (static analysis, code review, etc.), including configuration management.
• Test case development.
• Test design specification development.
• Mentor less-experienced engineers.
• Attend internal and client meetings as necessary.
• Maintenance and management of hardware inventory.
• vel as necessary to support testing activites.
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
• 5 or more years of software test engineering experience.
• Solid and proven understanding of software engineering and processes such as Agile.
• Familiarity with software development life cycle artifacts.
• Ability to show proficiency with the Microsoft’s office tools including MS Excel.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Communicative personality and proactive team player.
• Willingness to learn and improve.
• Accountable & customer focused.
• Detail oriented and ability to follow through on tasks.
• Ability to work well in a global environment.
• Valid Washington State driver’s license and clean driving record.
Additional skills (highly desired):
• Software development.
• Test Automation.
• Working familiarity with CMM, SPICE, ISO standards.
• Spoken or written foreign language skills.
• Familiarity with software programming languages: C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, Windows, and Unix shell scripts.
• Familiarity with QNX, Linux, Unix.
• Testing experience in mobile, embedded, automotive or infotainment fields.
• Career opportunities corresponding to your professional success
• The possibility to develop advanced technology and to transform it into enriching end user experiences
• An international and multicultural working environment in a prestigious company
• A motivating and engaging work environment
• Being part of a young, dynamic and motivated team
• Flexible work time
• Premium insurance to medical services
• EB Way of working and Way of life