EB (www.elektrobit.com) has a position open for Software Test Engineer to be a part of its automotive software business in the USA. This is a full-time contract-to-perm position available at our office in Farmington Hills, MI.
EB is a fast growing global company with over 1,300 employees that provides leading edge technology solutions to the Automotive Industry. In the automotive space, EB is a leading global provider of software solutions to many car makers, including Audi, BMW, Ford, Mercedes, Porsche and Volkswagen, only to name a few. EB is at the forefront of the latest development in automotive software, including user interfaces, voice recognition, driver assistance, navigation software, and advanced smartphone connectivity features. The software we are working on is highly relevant as it becomes part of the driver experience and it enables new exciting features, such as AppLink for Ford’s SYNC technology.
The Software Test Engineer will work as part of a global team to perform local test activities pertaining to software projects primarily in the areas of infotainment and multimedia systems. The ideal candidate will create and execute specifications.
• Perform all necessary testing activities within assigned software projects.
• Work with the test lead, project management, and engineering teams to identify and resolve issues.
• Create and update test specifications, ensuring test cases are traceable to requirements.
• Execute test cases across multiple platforms and builds.
• Report and log issues into a bug tracking system, including track files and necessary steps to recreate.
• Work to ensure assigned testing tasks are completed on time.
• Ensure status and communication reports are detailed, comprehensive and accurate.
• Ability to understand software requirements and software architectures.
• Display excellent customer service with Elektrobit’s customers.
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
• 3-6 years’ experience testing software applications, specifically Infotainment.
• Excellent driving skills, valid driver’s license, clean driving record.
• Previous test experience with real-time or embedded applications.
• Ability to show proficiency with the Microsoft’s office tools including MS Excel.
• Detail oriented and ability to follow through on tasks.
• Ability to work well in a global environment.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
Additional skills (nice to have):
• Experience with languages: C++, Java, Perl, Python, Windows and Unix shell scripts.
• Exposure to Linux, Windows CE, Windows Embedded for Automotive.
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
• Additional experience in scripting language.
• Previous automotive infotainment application development experience.
• Career opportunities corresponding to your professional success
• The possibility to develop advanced technology and to transform it into enriching end user experiences
• An international and multicultural working environment in a prestigious company
• A motivating and engaging work environment
• Being part of a young, dynamic and motivated team
• Flexible work time
• Premium insurance to medical services
• EB Way of working and Way of life