Fatigue is one of the most frequent causes of accidents. Providing consumers with driver assistance features that help prevent drowsiness-related accidents is essential for innovative and responsible carmakers.
EB Assist Drowsiness Detection is a driver assistance function that recognizes the driver’s transition from a state of alertness to a state of tiredness, and it allows carmakers to implement a brand-specific warning to the driver.
Enable drivers to reach their destination safely
Detecting drowsiness and warning the driver before the driver falls asleep is one of the most desirable driver assistance features. With good reason. It can literally save lives.
EB Assist Drowsiness Detection technology is based on an analysis of the steering behavior of more than 500 different drivers and 1 million km of test data. This ensures a high degree of reliability. The technology is already in several series projects on the road.
Make it specific to your brand
The basic technology can be adapted to car-maker=specific requirements. Plus, EB Assist Drowsiness Detection can trigger a car maker specific warning channel in line with the car’s human machine interface (HMI) concept.
High flexibility due to portability
EB Assist Drowsiness Detection can be integrated into various operating systems, including AUTOSAR.
- Compute an individual steering profile for the driver
- Compare the current driver’s profile with real-time sensor data
- Detect the driver’s transition from a state of alertness to a state of tiredness
- Process 60 input signals and 5 output signals
- Separate drowsiness levels into five steps, from 0 to 100, for a precise assessment of the situation
- Integrate CAN or FlexRay
- Include side-wind assessments
- Include road-condition assessments
EB Assist Drowsiness detection related products
A measurement technology providing a tablet interface you can use to gather test-drive data and assess its quality on the spot. EB Assist CDR simplifies development, validation, and visualization of EB Assist Drowsiness Detection.