Millions of cars on the road today have navigation systems, infotainment units, voice-enabled user interfaces, or instrument clusters created with EB software. The impact of consumer electronics, personal voice assistants, cloud connectivity, and augmented reality on the automobile has meant that it is important to have user interfaces that are sleek, intuitive, and above all, seamlessly integrated.
Our mission is to deliver HMIs optimized for your target platform—HMIs that meet your expectations for high quality, that perfectly integrate multimodal input and output devices, and that can be easily maintained over multiple variants and even multiple life cycles of your product.
You should know that:
EB offers a complete range of user experience engineering services that includes:
- Experienced teams for developing state-of-the-art voice user interfaces that comprise the integration of personal voice assistants and that seamlessly switch between embedded and cloud-based interfaces; these UIs are enhanced with self-learning HMI to generate intuitive system responses and interactive dialogs. With the integration of Amazon Alexa into the car, EB is expanding reach of natural language technology
- Services for Android Automotive – from user interfaces customization to specific Android adaptions, to bring the Android eco system into the car
- Licensing of our best-in-class HMI products
- One-person consulting on HMI-specific aspects of the development process or the software architecture
- Small teams for porting EB GUIDE Graphic Target Framework and Speech Target Framework or building a setup for efficient usability tests
- Large teams for developing the complete user interface that covers graphics, voice, and augmented reality, and includes the management of specification, design, and translation processes as well as subcontractors for design work and translations
- Experienced teams for developing state-of-the-art voice user interfaces that comprise the integration of personal voice assistants and that seamlessly switch between embedded and cloud-based interfaces; these UIs are enhanced with self-learning HMI to generate intuitive system responses and interactive dialogs.
- Experienced teams developing EB’s navigation solutions including core technology, positioning, electronic horizon, and predictive navigation
- Support in all phases of the development cycle: from identifying specifications and creating the software architecture to validation
- Product training and workshops that guide participants from basic concepts through intermediate and advanced UX topics; these training courses can be customized to suit your project needs.
- ASIL- and SPICE-compliant development processes
The EB advantages
Software reuse saves money
One of the major cost drivers in automotive infotainment systems is software development. As a result, software is often a target for cost reduction. The key to saving money without sacrificing quality is reuse. Software reuse actually increases software quality due to the larger scale of systems and the increased test depth, resulting in more test cases and—in the end—better software. EB designs architecture for high re-usability—across brands, models, and platforms.
Integrate multimodality seamlessly
Voice input interaction with an HMI is an effective way to minimize driver distraction. EB has the knowledge and ability to create HMIs that can be used either via speech input (both cloud and embedded) or haptic input, depending on the user´s choice and the current driving situation. Use our know-how to integrate HMIs into your product and provide a consistent user experience across all input modes.
It takes knowledge
Creating a sophisticated user interface today means understanding and integrating a lot of different technologies and tools. EB provides competent and experienced teams who can evaluate existing technologies as well as develop new technology. EB offers a comprehensive portfolio of highly qualified subcontractors to address your requirements. We are flexible, able to provide support through all project phases, or we can lead the project overall.
Leverage our partner and consortium network
With a cooperative framework of technology partners, industry consortiums, and associations, EB is positioned to offer collaborative engineering services that customers can take advantage of.
Whether it is the SmartDeviceLink™ Consortium that connects in-vehicle infotainment systems to smartphone applications, or Automotive Grade Linux (AGL) that involves the building of an open-source framework for the automotive or the ADASIS Forum for navigation systems where EB is a listed member, we have made sure that partners and customers can leverage the best of our technologies and know-how. Learn more about our Partner network.
See some examples of successful implementations using EB experience in our finished projects.
Related EB software integration & engineering services
Tailor-made, automotive-grade software for ADAS and automated driving.
Backend and cloud infrastructures as well as all necessary services to run, maintain, and create those infrastructures.
Project engineers with valuable knowledge about AUTOSAR software modules and the integration of your basic software.
Comprehensive services for embedded systems, automated driving, connected solutions, and user experience solutions.