Amazon Alexa has proven to be an incredibly beneficial consumer technology, helping to simplify and organize life at home. Now, EB is giving car makers and Tier 1s the opportunity to take Alexa out of the home, into the car and on the go. By integrating Amazon Alexa into the HMI of your vehicles, you’re giving drivers direct access not only to all car-specific functionalities but also to the whole digital eco system comprising Amazon web services and 3rd party skills they know and love.
You now can ask Alexa to play music, get directions, place calls, control the car’s heating, ventilation and air-conditioning, listen to audiobooks and more, while keeping their hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.
Elektrobit makes it easy for car makers and Tier 1s to integrate Amazon Alexa Auto SDK into their cockpit software platforms, to provide a combination of relevant driving information with infotainment applications.
Additional benefits include:
- Ability to leverage out-of-the-box speech science such as Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) and Natural Language Understanding (NLU) from Alexa
- Access to 50,000+ Alexa skills and the ability to build your own custom skills
- EB offers maintenance services to control, refresh and maintain the Alexa experience for your customers during the lifetime of the car
- EB implements identification and authentication according to the needs and convenience of your customers
EB showcased Amazon Alexa at CES 2019
EB’s software experts created a demonstrator that extended the capabilities of a standard Amazon Alexa integration, enabling the service to be proactive and alert drivers of incidents on the road and assist in the handover between autonomous and manual modes of driving.
EB software stacks and communication HMI frameworks, following a service-oriented architecture, provided the basis for a seamless and responsive user experience. To make things a bit more entertaining, our experts also created a scenario where, in full autonomous mode only, drivers were able to enjoy a full-blown Fire TV experience!
Additional details of the seat box demonstrator:
- Dialog modifications to the Alexa system are triggered and added to the car’s software, resulting in safer and faster assistant responses.
- It featured an 8K dashboard display, control pad, and steering wheel display.
- The audio system was equipped with noise-reduction for input and augmented audio for output.
EB Amazon Alexa integration at CES 2019 – Part 1
In part 1 of this demonstration from CES 2019, we introduce how Amazon Alexa is integrated into a seat box demonstrator and showcase how customers will be able to ask Alexa to answer questions, play music, hear the news, get weather and traffic reports, control their smart home, and more.
EB Amazon Alexa integration at CES 2019 – Part 2
In part 2 of this demonstration from CES 2019, we showcase on a seat box demonstrator how Amazon Alexa could be able to proactively notify the driver about different incident scenarios on the road.
Related EB software integration & engineering services
The know-how, tools, and teams to bring your next-generation of sleek, intuitive user interfaces on the road.
Tailor-made, automotive-grade software for ADAS and automated driving.
Backend and cloud infrastructures as well as all necessary services to run, maintain, and create those infrastructures.
Project engineers with valuable knowledge about AUTOSAR software modules and the integration of your basic software.
Widely used in the automotive industry to create state-of-the-art and user friendly HMIs for vehicles.