Frank Uhlig, Head of User Experience and User Interface Design at Elektrobit discusses the impact of autonomous driving systems on cars as an experience space.
Table of contents
- HMI requirements
- Influence on infotainment
- CES 2019 case study
Frank examines the roadmap of autonomous driving and its influence on HMI systems, new interior concepts and the move towards larger displays; and he looks at how manufacturers can leverage ‘infotainment as a platform’ to strengthen and differentiate their brands.
Key topics and takeaways:
- The significant challenges of balancing driver attention with distraction
- The processes needed to enhance the user experience while maintaining vehicle safety and security
- Consumer infotainment and navigation trends, the challenges for automotive companies of integrating third-party apps and services, and the growing demand for intelligent personal assistants
- Discover more about Elektrobit’s interactive cockpit demonstrator showcasing the latest autonomous driving and infotainment software
- Hear a recent case study examining HMIs for Level 3 autonomous driving and beyond
Elektrobit’s end-to-end HMI tool: EB GUIDE