Elektrobit (EB) is an award-winning and visionary global supplier of embedded solutions, cloud computing and services for the automotive industry.
A leader in automotive software, with over 25 years serving the industry, EB’s products power over 70 million vehicles and offer flexible, innovative software solutions for connected car infrastructure, human machine interface (HMI) technologies, navigation, driver assistance, electronic control units (ECUs), and software engineering services.
EB is a wholly owned, independent subsidiary of Continental AG.
During our 25 years in business, we’ve established deep relationships with carmakers and suppliers. We understand software development in the automotive industry, having worked with carmakers, including Audi, BMW, Daimler, Ford, GM, Volkswagen Group, Volvo, and more on their global technology.
Our relationships with carmakers and suppliers allow us to stay on top of new innovations and to incorporate their technology into our products early in the development phase. That means when you invest in an EB product, you can be confident it will stay on the cutting edge.
We’ve worked on projects of all types and sizes, playing supporting and leading roles. When you need help with your automotive systems, you can rely on our expertise.
The automotive industry doesn’t stand still, and neither do we. As proven leaders we are constantly pushing the industry forward.
We stay on top of the latest innovations, such as connected cars, car as sensor, and autonomous driving. Our products and engineers are open to all market-relevant operating systems and standards, like AUTOSAR, CAN, GENIVI, LIN, MOST, NDS, and OSEK.
Although we’re constantly incorporating the latest technologies, we’re also mindful of the challenges that these changes present to carmakers, so we work to ensure that it’s easy for you to implement these cutting-edge innovations.
Joint ventures and alliances
In 2009 EB and Audi Electronics Venture GmbH established a joint venture based in Ingolstadt. The aim of the joint venture is to provide an infotainment framework and therefore to improve the re-use of software developments in automotive infotainment.
EB and AUDI AG pool their expertise in the development and introduction of the new infotainment framework. AUDI AG and Audi Electronics Venture GmbH will contribute their experience from four generations of automotive infotainment, and EB its knowledge of the infotainment and systems integration area in its capacity as a worldwide, expert software developer.
Here’s what else you should know about EB:
- Spans three continents and nine countries
- Over 1,900 Elektrobit employees, and over 500 in our e.solutions GmbH joint venture
- Powers over 90 million vehicles with over 1 billion embedded devices
- Partners with you during the complete product life cycle
- Pride ourselves on having long-term and stable customer relationships
Facts about our parent company, Continental AG:
- Is a leading automotive manufacturing company
- Was established in 1871
- Spans more than 90 locations in 25 countries
- Has approximately 190,000 employees worldwide
- Has 2014 revenues of €34.5 billion
- Offers a broad range of automotive products, including instrumentation, infotainment solutions, brake systems, systems and components for powertrains and chassis, vehicle electronics, tires and technical elastomers.
The EB subsidiary of Continental AG is led by:
President Automotive Business Segment and Managing Director
Executive Vice President Finance and Business Support and Managing Director