The Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance, which sold 10.6 million vehicles in almost 200 countries in 2017, was looking for a partner to help evaluate and implement AUTOSAR.
The Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance wanted to go from a ECU-based architecture to a feature-driven software architecture. They also needed to build up know-how regarding AUTOSAR to better manage their Tier 1 suppliers (technical and economic viability).
- Renault had their own ECU software specifications
- Renault needed an overview of how AUTOSAR would affect their own specifications and the software development of their Tier 1 suppliers.
Elektrobit did an extensive specification analysis for Renault and in the second phase of the project, Elektrobit carried out the prototyping.
- Elektrobit combines more than 30 years of automotive software development and over 15 years of AUTOSAR experience.
- Elektrobit has a location in Paris, from which Renault is supported in their native language.
- Elektrobit now offers 4 additional software modules to Tier 1s (for communications and diagnostics) to propose a full AUTOSAR solution compliant to Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi specifications.
Elektrobit’s contributed value