Consumer electronics fans have been using OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diodes) devices now for several years.
This technology is currently evolving into the automotive market. A global vehicle manufacturer has planned for a mass production of OLED displays in 2023 with a total order value of around €1 billion. As the market needs are showing a significantly increase in the development demands around the infotainment and display area Continental was looking for a trusted partner with OLED expertise.
- Required high focus on industrial design and innovation.
- The integrated OLED display ensures a first-class UX and offers automotive manufacturers an opportunity to differentiate and individualize.
Elektrobit acts as a partner for Business Area User Experience and provides hardware product development, complementary to Continentals overall strengths.
- Elektrobit as partner providing one-stop-shop for creating state-of-the-art user experiences.
- Elektrobit steers the development process of the display system, delivers hardware product development, reducing development costs, efforts and time.
- Elektrobit supports the OEMs & Tier1 in reducing the overall total cost ownership.
- Elektrobit enables the OEMs to differentiate their vehicles without the investment and resources required to build them from scratch and maintain over time.
Elektrobit’s added value
- Elektrobit’s ability to adopt fast to the “market needs”
- Excellent and long-term relationship towards customers, OEMs and LCD/OLED makers
- First OLED automotive devices already in series
- Elektrobit’s 3D real glass “Know-how” and first real glass automotive product already in series
- Decades of “Knowledge” in developing complex infotainment display products with respect to EMV, mechanics and electronics
- Elektrobit’s highly motivated, experienced and cross functional product development team
Statement by Michael Kloft, Head of PDC Input Devices & Displays
“The Elektrobit team is offering excellent and broad technical competency in different areas of display technologies“