Open-source software for safety-critical systems
Table of contents
- Decoupling hardware and software
- Centralizing functions
- Open-source software – mainlinecompliant
- Standards-compliant 'clearance certificate'
- Mainline kernel: intensive testing ensures quality
- Using test tools from the mainline community
In deep cooperation with
The development and certification of safety-critical systems must follow clearly defined processes. Linux, which was developed by a community without a manufacturer that may be held liable, does not meet these requirements. However, the standards specify ways that allow Linux to be used in safetycritical environments.