EB GUIDE is a unique, reliable and integrated HMI development toolchain. It is widely used in the automotive industry to create state-of-the-art and user friendly HMIs for today’s cars. With EB GUIDE you can create best of breed head unit and instrument cluster HMI’s. EB GUIDE is more than a tool – it enables an automotive SW development process, leading to world class automotive HMI.
Read some of our successful projects with customers:
VW Group HMI development platform
- EB supplies EB GUIDE as the development platform for the digital instruments of Volkswagen’s new generation of electric vehicles.
- Developers at Volkswagen quickly and easily design complex 2D and 3D human machine interfaces (HMIs).
- Development of customized user interfaces for different brands is made from a single source.
- One unique tool is used from specification, modeling, and simulation to the real target platform.
- Model-based development approach saves time and money during the iterative HMI development process.
EB GUIDE provides a mature HMI framework for automotive production. EB GUIDE’s 2D and especially 3D functional scope meets all the technological and visual requirements of Volkswagen IVI and cluster user interfaces. The Volkswagen skinning and internationalization process is seamlessly operated via plug-ins. The HMI models are ideally suited for multi-user processing and the HMI integration process in our large development team. Volkswagen’s HMI development sets high requirements and expectations in every respect.
Gunnar Wegner, Head of VW HMI System Development
Modular infotainment system at AUDI
- In successful co-operation, Audi and EB have developed jointly the truly modular infotainment system for the Audi A5, A6 and A8 as well as the Audi Q5.
- Audi benefited from the customized system which at the same time features an extremely high reusability through modularity and usage of open standards.
- EB’s integrated HMI development tool EB GUIDE with automatic code generation helped to manage complexity.
Touch panel prototyping at AUDI
- Audi used EB GUIDE Studio to evaluate the concept within user clinics in the USA and China.
- Test users were able to experience the new interaction concept as part of tests long before they were realized in EB GUIDE Studio.
EB GUIDE Studio helped us in a very early phase to bring the new concept to life. This way we had concrete customer feedback to base our decisions on.
Dr. Hamberger, responsible for the MMI concept at AUDI
HMI automatic code generation process for Delphi
- EB was responsible for the HMI software and implemented a plug-in to import the customer-specific XML into EB GUIDE Studio.
- Delphi benefited from EB’s in-depth HMI knowledge in automotive HMI development and Volkswagen-specific XML variants.
- By using EB GUIDE Studio, Delphi could perform error analysis, test features and already experience them before implementation.
For such complex radio HMI development time and costs were shortened, higher flexibility with regards to maintenance and feature upgrades has been reached through automatic code generation with EB GUIDE Graphics Target Framework.
Dr. Wilhelm Steger, Managing Director Infotainment & Driver Interface Europe at Delphi