Connecting virtual machines to automotive Ethernet
EB zoneo VSwitch is a virtualization module that mimics switch functionalities to provide fast and reliable communication between virtual machines (VM) and Ethernet networks. It helps the network communication to operate in an efficient and optimized way.
EB zoneo VSwitch provides communication:
- Between VMs within the ECUs or HPC &
- Between VMs and the Ethernet network
EB zoneo VSwitch supports:
- VMs using Classic AUTOSAR &
- VMs using Adaptive AUTOSAR (Linux)
EB zoneo VSwitch tackles the challenge of increased software complexity with hardware virtualization.
EB zoneo VSwitch has virtually unlimited number of connectors for VMs. Additional VMs can be added later. The connecting interface drivers are available for Linux, Android, and Classic AUTOSAR. Interoperability saves porting effort.
EB zoneo VSwitch provides
- Quality of Service (QoS) (Tx/Rx) and TimeSync
- Performance-optimized data path and deterministic forwarding delay
- Safety (Freedom from Interference) and Security (protection of the Ethernet Communication)